Monday, September 6, 2010

12 WEEKS





I know I am a day early, but I had some time so I wanted to update: 12 weeks and last full week in the 1st Trimester!! YAY!!


Week 12


Baby has more then doubled in size during the past three weeks, weighing in now at 1/2 ounce and measuring (crown to rump) about 2 1/2 inches. Which is about the size of a Large Plum. Baby's body is hard at work in the development department. Though most of his or her systems are fully formed, there is still plenty of maturing to do. The digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements (so baby will be able to eat), the bone marrow is making white blood cells (so baby will be able to fight off all those germs passed around the playgroup), and the pituitary gland at the base of the brain has started producing hormones (so baby will one day be able to make babies of his or her own.)So needless to say baby is developing and staying busy at work! 12 weeks and 6 days will be the final day of the 1st Trimester, and in week 13 starting month number 4! 


~The Turners~


I have my 12 week appointment on Sept 8th, which is this Wednesday, I will be posting and updating after the appointment!
Praying for a strong heartbeat and wonderful checkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment