So By now we have had a roller coaster of emotions, all day and all week. Patrick and I arrived at the Hospital for the 2nd time that day, and were just ready to hear some better news!
The Doctor came in to check me and before she did, she tested the things I brought that were wet, and determined instantly by the strip test that it was Fluid and it was my Water... YAY!
She then checked me and I was 2cm, -1 and 80% effaced!! Great I had progressed good that day! She then took the stick and broke the rest of my water! She stated that I had a high leak and everytime sweet Bralyn's head would drop it would plug it up, so that is why 2x it had leaked.. She determined my water broke at 2:30am, and started me on Antibodics and started Pitiocin to help strengthen my contractions!
Well once your water breaks, HOLY COW do the contractions start soon!.. I went from 7 minutes to quickly 5 minutes apart by the first piticon drop. Before I knew it I was 3-4 minutes.
They were hitting the piticon every 15 minutes and it would give 2 doses. So I was at a 6 on the 3rd dose and suddenly went to 1 minute apart contractions.. WOW
they were lasting 30 seconds and giving me um NO TIME TO BREATH!..
I pretty much yelled for the Epidural haha!.. But had to wait 45 minutes to get it.. AHHHH!
Yep he was my best friend when he entered with the drugs! I believe I told him I loved him and he was my best friend!.. The DRUGS were great!! and I must say didn't hurt nearly as bad as the IV hurt.
Moments however after the Epidural and at 6 on Piticon Bralyn's little heartbeat dropped into the 80's and they quickly started me on oxygen and turned off the piticon. The doctor told me that it was stressing her, and that I needed to have contractions on my own for a little bit and see if I could get myself to dilate more without the medicine. However I couldn't I did need those few drops to help speed things along!
See once your Water breaks you have like 24 hours to deliver and I was already nearly 18 hours since it has broken some at 2:30am.
So after a little bit, the doctor came in and said we are going to start the medicine again, but this time every 30 minutes and 1 dose at a time not 2. So we started with 1 and waited!.. I was relaxed and FELT great :) NO PAIN!!...
Bralyn did great until 1 1/2 hours later when they did the 3rd drop. We got to 3 and started having stronger contractions, and her little Heartrate dropped into the 70's.
They rushed in and quickly turned off the meds and got the doctor.
Her heartbeat would go from 101, 80 72, 99. Those were numbers I kept seeing while they were turning me and putting oxygen on me again!
The doctor told us that Bralyn's little heartbeat just couldn't take the contractions, because each time I had a one it squeezed her little head and cut off oxygen for her. That a C-section at this point was the best option, because we were also only a few hours left in the 24 hours and my contractions on their own would take a little while longer.
So we agreed and started the process.. Patrick stepped out to tell the parents that had all stepped into the waiting room. As Patrick walked back into the room they were unplugging everything and wheeling me quickly out the door to the OR.. Bralyn's little heartbeat dropped to 59, and we went instantly to EMERGENCY mode.
15 minutes later little Bralyn was out and born at 12:39am on March 20th.. WHAT A WONDERFUL MOMENT!... Daddy was great and so supportive, he took great pictures and loved on her instantly.. Mommy couldn't hold her for about 1 1/2 hours after surgery and after her and I both got out of recovery.. That was a LONG 1 1/2.. :(
I was in recovery and Daddy kept going back and forth to the Nursery to take her picture and come and show me! He is such a WONDERFUL FATHER!.. The moment they brought her to the room and Patrick and I got to hold and love her, were the most precious moments!! ;)
God blessed us with a BEAUTIFUL baby girl and the gift of all 4 grandparents to be there with us!!!...
SO BLESSED!
Bralyn Nicole was 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long! A PERFECT GIFT!
~The Turners~
No comments:
Post a Comment