Monday, December 6, 2010

25 Weeks

.25 Weeks.



Bralyn is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching 13 inches in length and passing over the pound and a half mark. Under her skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in her lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet — but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, Bralyn's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and her vocal chords are getting ready to roar.She is moving and beginning to take the turn from the Breech position as well.
She is moving and tumbling everywhere and keeps me up at night as well. Although I miss sleeping, I enjoy feeling her at all hours and thinking of what she might actually be doing in there.
I can't wait to meet her and see all these movements in person!!

12-15 weeks left!! (that is the 1st Trimester, and WOW that flew so that is crazy of how quick this is all going to go!!)   We are only a few weeks from the 3rd and final Trimester!!

~The Turners~

26 week Appointment this Thursday, and the Glucose test, (gross) Hope I pass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment