So Patrick has to not only Coach Football (yearly job seriously), Teach, be a Husband, and Soon to be Daddy, but he has to coach Track too :( ...
At Harnett Central you have to coach 2 sports, so Track was given to him! Although I can't complain of the blessing the extra little income is, I will say it now takes him away from us in the evenings for practice, weekends (Saturdays like today) and late night meets on Thursdays or Fridays.
Well his first meet with the team was last Thursday the 3rd of March.
I receive this text from him about 6pm that night, that read, "So I think I need Stitches".
What?!! he went on to say I got in the head, but not going to the Hospital. See you when I get home!
Well lets just say, he probably should have gotten Stitches (but he is a true man, lol).
He was warming up his guys/girls he coaches with the disks and one sweet girl lost her grip or let go and it came straight for his head! Right above his left eyebrow! THANKFULLY his glasses got most of the hit or I am sure it would have been a much deeper gash!
(let me pause to say the Oakley's I got him as a Wedding gift.. Yep those.. AHH!! But the lenses can always be replaced. :(....)
Well we kept bandaids on it and butterfly strips, and on Friday at school the nurse used the Glue to seal it.
It has been now a week and 2 days and it is still semi open and def. there! But the good news it is finally looking better! The bruises for days after made it very pretty!! haha!!
His favorite part of the story was that when I realized he was fine, I said. Babe what about when we have Bralyn and the pictures in the hospital. Your all beat up haha!
But listen that is all I have on my brain right now is having this sweet angel! So can you blame me??!! Please come on people I am getting to my due date, no baby yet, I am HORMONAL at best!!
(thought you would enjoy this story haha!)
~The Turners~
No comments:
Post a Comment